Advertising on Facebook can be a game changer when it comes to digital marketing for your business. However, Facebook ads (formally known as Meta ads) have many moving parts, and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. That’s why we’ve pulled together a step-by-step guide to help you create an ad campaign that delivers meaningful results. Keep reading to learn more!
Benefits of Advertising on Facebook
Firstly, let’s discuss why you should advertise on Facebook in the first place. Facebook boasts more than 2 billion users every month and more than 1 billion users every day. Advertising on Facebook means your business can reach large audiences, filtering who sees your ad with demographic parameters such as age, interests, and behaviors. Facebook also offers built-in ad analytics. You’ll be able to track and analyze your ad’s performance in real-time, meaning you can make any adjustments as needed to ensure ads are performing at max capacity.
Steps For Creating Facebook Ads
Now, let’s get into the good stuff, creating your Facebook ads! Here are the basic steps you’ll need to create your ad campaign.
- Set Up Your Account in Facebook Ads Manager: If you wish to use Facebook ads, you will need a Facebook Business page. Once you have this page set up, visit https://www.facebook.com/business/tools/ads-manager, confirm your information, and set up your payment method. You’ll also now have access to the most powerful tool on the platform—Meta Pixel.
- Begin Creating Your Ads: Now that you’re in Facebook Ads Manager, you’ll see the performance dashboard. This is where all your ads will be listed, along with their results. To create a new campaign, click the green “Create” button. Be sure to name your campaigns, ads sets, and ads as they make sense to you. Using names and dates is an easy way to do this.
- Choose Your Objective: Simply choose from the 11 different objective options according to the goals of your campaign. These options include brand awareness, reach, website traffic, engagement, app installs, video views, lead generation, messages, conversions, catalog sales, and store traffic.
- Set Audience Parameters: This is where you can get creative with your parameters. Facebook offers various targeting options, ranging from location to education, interests, and behaviors.
- Set Your Budget: This step will dictate how much money you spend and your ads will use it. You can either set a lifetime budget, the maximum amount to spend throughout your campaign or a daily budget, the maximum amount to spend each day throughout your campaign. It’s a good idea to have an idea of your budget before creating your campaign.
- Finalize Your Ad: This is the step where you will decide what your ad will look like. Depending on your objective, you can choose a Clicks to Website ad option with either links or carousels, a desktop news feed ad, a mobile news feed ad, or desktop right-column ads.
- Launch Your Ad: This is the easy part! Once you’ve reviewed all your campaign options and are satisfied with your ad’s look, click “Publish Now.”
- Monitor Your Ad’s Performance: Now that your ads are active and running, it’s important to monitor your results. Be sure to check in and look at metrics such as Performance, Engagement, Clicks, and Website. When comparing KPIs, be sure you’re comparing your business to others in the same field, as values vary industry.
Ready To Get Started? We Can Help!
These tips will help you get started, but for more complicated endeavors such as product feeds from shopify, Meta Pixel set up, custom lead forms, landing pages, etc., you may want to reach out to a professional agency—like us! If you’re ready to take your social media ads to the next level, our Digital Advertising team is here to help! Contact us today to get started. We can’t wait to work with you!