It’s no secret that we do things a little differently here at Uptick, and that includes our New Year’s Resolutions. While some of them are common goals you’d hear from pretty much anybody (for example, collectively, we ALL want to stop consuming so much sugar), others are… less conventional.
Read on to see what the Uptick team is hoping to accomplish in 2017!
MADISON (SEO Strategist):
- Eat less sugar and bread
- Act in a way that shows the love of Christ
- Learn calligraphy
LANCE (SEO Strategist):
- Learn how to cook
- Road trip more often with family
- Play against Roger Federer at Wimbledon
(Hey Lance, maybe you should challenge Roger to a game of Cornhole instead? I think your chances might be a little better at winning that way…)
MARSHALL (Digital Consultant)
- Continue having fun working out
- Explore monthly BBQ day for work!
- Begin the process to sit for the PMP certification
JESSIE (Social Media Specialist)
- Make more ACTIVE efforts to create a positive change within my community
- Try to eat fewer tacos
- Invest more time in my hobbies (guitar, singing, ukulele)
(Jessie, I think you misspelled “Try to eat all the tacos in the world.”)
NICOLE (Managing Partner)
- Learn to love more like Jesus every day
- Write the Uptick book
- Adopt the little one 🙂
KELLY (Graphic Designer)
- Kick my soda addiction (realistically: just drink less soda)
- Learn to love running (realistically: run a mile without feeling like my chest is going to explode)
- Read all the books on my reading list (realistically: finish the 3 I’ve been reading since August)
JENNY (Marketing Consultant)
- I just want to be the best version of myself I can be!
You know what, I appreciate the simplicity and flexibility of that resolution. Godspeed, Jenny!
JERRY (Marketing Analyst)
- See people as God sees them
- Eat better and cut out sugar
- Make sure that I am being a husband and a dad that is there mentally as well as physically
NISHA (Social Media Strategist)
- Sign up for jazz or lyrical dance lessons (don’t chicken out like I did in 2016 – and actually attend aforementioned dance classes)
- Publish a book (I’ve started 3…)
- Spend money more wisely (budgeting is fun)
ANNE (Copywriter and Editor) Hey, that’s me!
- Have another book published (or on its way to being published)
- Cook more actual meals for my family, as opposed to cobbling random foods together
- Get in shape like Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time
Okay, we need to pause for a minute. I’ve been whittling everyone’s responses down to three, but for the next one, I can’t. I just can’t. The world needs Joey Beachum’s New Year’s Resolutions in all their unedited glory, so… giddyup.
JOEY (Marketing Consultant)
- Live life according to God’s will, not my own
- Start a blog about kittens and puppies dressed up like superheroes and call it “The Avengrrrrs”
- Play an active role in the community by helping others
- Finally learn who let the dogs out
- Finish either of the two books I’m currently writing
- Exercise enough to get back to my college weight but not enough to end every sentence with “bro”
- Become baptized
- Complete my draft of the spiritual successor to Hamilton, called Van Buren
- Grow as a husband, father, son, brother, and friend
- Achieve my childhood dream of playing football for the 1990’s Dallas Cowboys
- Not throw away my shot
What’s even more impressive than Joey’s resolutions is the email exchange it sparked between him and Madison. I’ll spare you the details, but let’s just say several gifs were involved, and I’m not sure Van Buren will ever get off the ground.
Happy New Year from Uptick!
Whether you’re making specific resolutions or just trying to do the best you can in 2017, Uptick is here to make your marketing dreams come true. Contact us today for more information on how we can help your business reach its goals this year!