We Believe in Our Amazing People
Uptick Marketing has an incredible team of passionate, hardworking individuals who truly care about one another and succeeding for our clients. Check out our culture page to learn more about working at Uptick.
If we have an open position, it will be listed below.
Social Media Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: January 2021
Uptick is hiring a full-time Social Media Specialist to join our Content Team! This is an entry-level position with plenty of opportunity for growth. We’re looking for someone who gets social media instinctively, is passionate about using social media for business, and wants to work in a fun, fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
As the Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for writing social media every week for each of Uptick’s social media clients. It will be your job to ensure that every post is written to the best of your ability—grammatically correct, with the right voice and tone for the client, using hashtags appropriately, and with visually appealing links and/or graphics. (The graphics will be created by our designer, but you will be responsible for implementing them.)
Because of how things function these days (#2020), we know you’re probably wondering about working remotely. For the first few months, we will require you to work onsite at our office in downtown Birmingham. As you prove your work ethic, master your job, and become ingrained in our team, you will have the option to work remote one day per week. This can increase as you continue to prove that you are a hard worker and can be trusted to work at the same standard, regardless of whether you are onsite or offsite.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working with the Content Manager to develop monthly social media strategies for each of Uptick’s social media clients
- Writing all social media posts each week, ensuring that each post is created to the highest possible standard
- Keeping up with best practices for all major social media platforms and being vocal about changes Uptick needs to make in our processes
- Working closely with the Content Manager to review engagement rates for each client and adapt strategies as needed
The secondary responsibilities of this role may include:
- Writing and/or editing blogs and other content
- Creating and/or editing email newsletters
- Meeting with clients as needed
Requirements to be considered for this position:
- Experience writing social media in a professional context, i.e. for a brand or business
- Outstanding copywriting and editing skills, as evidenced by the samples you will send in plus the trial work we may ask you to do
- A thorough understanding of hashtag usage, follower growth strategies, and best practices for each major social media platform
- A commitment to deadlines and clear communication
The ideal candidate will be:
- Someone who loves a combination of routine and variety
- Extremely organized
- An outstanding communicator, both verbal and written
- Flexible and adaptable
- A great critical thinker
- Warm, empathetic, and friendly
- Able to work in an office full of people who are very chatty and social, yet also very ambitious and hardworking
Ready to apply? Great! Send the following to email@example.com. Applications that don’t contain ALL of the following elements will be discarded.
- Cover letter
- 3-5 examples of social media posts you have created (screenshots or links are fine)
- 1-2 examples of longer-form writing you have done, preferably in a blogging or magazine article style
- If you already know them, send us your Myers-Briggs and Enneagram type. If you don’t know one or both of them, please take the Myers-Briggs test here and the Enneagram here, and send us screenshots of your results. We don’t believe that these tests define you as a person, but they do give us an idea of your strengths, tendencies, and how you function in everyday life!
- A screenshot of your results from this typing test
If we decide to proceed with your application, we will schedule a 15-minute phone call with you. While you’re waiting, check out our culture page and see if Uptick sounds like the kind of place that you would thrive.
Thanks for your interest—we look forward to hearing from you!