We Believe in Our Amazing People
Uptick Marketing has an incredible team of passionate, hardworking individuals who truly care about one another and succeeding for our clients. Check out our culture page to learn more about working at Uptick.
If we have an open position, it will be listed below.
Position: SEO Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director of SEO
Start Date: February/March 2021
Uptick is hiring a full-time SEO Specialist to join our SEO Team! We’re looking for someone with 2-5 years of experience in SEO who is passionate about implementing strong SEO strategies and interpreting results so that our clients get the very best ROI.
As one of our SEO Specialists, you will be responsible for managing a number of Uptick’s ongoing SEO accounts. It will be your job to ensure that every client’s strategy is optimized for success, and that you are following through on that strategy to the best of your ability by keeping website content updated, performing keyword research, writing powerful metadata, analyzing metrics, and more.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Overseeing, executing, and analyzing an entire SEO strategy
- Keyword research, doing deep investigation
- Ability to create and execute a content analysis
- Reviewing and analyzing client sites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Writing powerful metadata that is likely to convert users
- Analyzing content on a client’s website and giving suggestions for improvement
- Staying updated on SEO trends through continuing education
- Reverse-engineering SERPs to find out why a site isn’t ranking well
- Communicating effectively with clients and other Uptick employees
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements to be considered for this position:
- 2-5 years of experience in SEO
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Google Analytics Certification
- Understanding of SEO tools
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to adhere to Uptick’s company values
- Ability to develop and execute link building strategies (nice to have)
- Experience in CRO or A/B testing (nice to have)
The ideal candidate will be:
- Someone who understands the complexity of a great SEO strategy and can analyze our clients’ success
- Extremely organized and able to work on multiple accounts
- Obsessed with the details
- An outstanding communicator, both verbal and written
- Flexible and adaptable
- A great critical thinker
- Warm, empathetic, and friendly
- Able to work in an office full of people who are very chatty and social, yet also very ambitious and hardworking
Ready to apply? Great! Send the following to email@example.com. Applications that don’t contain ALL of the following elements will be discarded.
- Cover letter
- 1-2 links to websites that you have helped optimize, along with a description of your role in the optimization
- If you already know them, send us your Myers-Briggs and Enneagram type. If you don’t know one or both of them, please take the Myers-Briggs test here and the Enneagram here, and send us screenshots of your results. We don’t believe that these tests define you as a person, but they do give us an idea of your strengths, tendencies, and how you function in everyday life.
If we decide to proceed with your application, we will schedule a 15-minute phone call with you. While you’re waiting, check out our culture page and see if Uptick sounds like the kind of place that you would thrive.
Thanks for your interest—we look forward to hearing from you!