We Believe in Our Amazing People
Uptick Marketing is blessed to have an incredible team of passionate, hardworking individuals who truly care about one another and succeeding for our clients. Check out our culture page to learn more about working at Uptick.
If we have an open position, it will be listed below.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Reports to: Director of Content Marketing
As the Graphic Design Intern, it is your job to support Uptick’s design efforts by creating the great majority of our retargeting, behavioral, and social media ads. Under the guidance of our Designer, you will create ads for a wide variety of clients in multiple sizes for myriad uses in the realm of paid online advertising.
We can teach skill sets, but we cannot teach work ethic, ambition, or initiative. You must be committed to understanding design, learning more about it, questioning current design practices, and educating yourself on the clients you are working for. Lack of experience is fine – what we’re looking for is an eye for great design and the drive to constantly improve.
- Proficiency in layout design
- A mind for user experience
- A strong desire to learn and grow in your craft
- The ability to receive and implement constructive criticism, working cohesively with the Designer to recognize and address design issues proactively
- Outstanding attention to detail
- The ability to adhere to brand guidelines and complement them well
- Capacity for outside-of-the-box thinking
- A natural tendency to take initiative and go beyond the obvious design choices to something different, maybe even a little risky
- Create ads for a variety of clients for retargeting, behavioral, and social media
- Revise and rework ads as needed
- Work closely with our Designer on ad creation, revisions, and education
- Research clients in order to more fully understand their brand
- Turn in only your best work, every time
- 15-20 hours per week in the Uptick office during regular business hours
- $10 per hour for client-facing work
Ready to apply? Great! Send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.