Digital marketing tools like Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ads are a great way to give your business a boost online. However, there are many moving parts in a PPC campaign, and it can be challenging to know how to build a campaign that will deliver meaningful results. But there’s no need to worry! We’ve compiled a list of our tried and true best practices and tips to help you build an effective PPC campaign. Keep reading to learn how you can make the most of Google Ads.
Building an Effective PPC Campaign
So, what makes a PPC campaign effective? We’re so glad you asked! When creating a PPC campaign, it’s incredibly important to be intentional with each step.
- Create Your Campaign Framework – Build the foundation for an effective campaign by identifying your desired target audience, the theme and tone of your campaign, the type of campaign, and how you will measure success.
- Set Goals – Your goals will significantly affect how your ads will run. Some common PPC goals include brand awareness, website traffic, promotions, sales, and lead generators.
- Identify Campaign Type – You’ll need to determine what platforms to run the ads on and how you will run your ads. This can look like search ads, display ads, social ads, and retargeting.
- Do Your Homework (Perform Keyword Research) – Keywords tell the search engines when and where to display your ads. Find keywords that align with your campaign theme and audience, and monitor the performance of each keyword to make adjustments as necessary.
- Set up Google Analytics and Tracking – Measuring your ads performance is essential. A super easy (and free) way to measure your results is with Google Analytics. Simply install Google Analytics to your website to gain insights on PPC performance and much more.
More Tips for Your PPC Strategy
As we’ve discussed, there are many elements to a successful PPC campaign. Throughout the years, we’ve discovered a few elements that really help a PPC campaign shine above the rest. Include these elements in your campaign to push your audience from simply viewing your ad to actually clicking on your ad.
- Use Strong Ad Copy – Strong ad copy can often be the most motivating factor when it comes to a searcher clicking on your ad. Use copy that speaks directly to your target audience, clearly defines a call to action, and includes your main keywords.
- Create a Targeted Landing Page – The user experience after they click an ad is just as important as the ad itself. Make sure your landing page matches your ad copy, contains strong headlines, presents the offer promised in the ad, and features clean designs and layout.
- Test Your Ads – You don’t want to waste your money on an ad that doesn’t work. A/B testing is a great way to monitor results and make changes to increase conversions and click throughs.
Are you ready to implement a PPC strategy but need help figuring out where to start? We can help! We can help! Our team of experts is standing by, ready to create an intentional and effective PPC campaign to target your desired audience and drive quality leads for your business. Contact our team today!